Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Blog 1: What Is Writing?

Writing, in my opinion, is a form of art. People write to express themselves and how they feel about certain topics, like articles bashing current issues in the world or articles supporting those issues. Writers sometimes write about their own personal experiences, just using other names. For example, Lauren Conrad wrote a book series based off of her life as a reality TV show star, but the characters just had different names. Some writers, like myself, write to express how they feel at a certain moment in their lives in a way to relieve the anger or depression.

In school, I've written countless extensive research papers, but mostly I wrote articles for my high school newspaper or the newspaper website. I also was the "go-to" person when someone needed an idea for a caption for a yearbook picture. I loved writing for the newspaper because I mostly wrote about things that interest myself, and people at school. I wrote about sports, getting to go to all the games and taking pictures, and I did some movie reviews. Although, I was the website editor so I didn't get time to write too many articles, I just edited some and put them on our newspaper website. When it comes to writing I only really enjoy it if the topic interests me, which is what I try to do with most of my papers (as I did for major assignment 1).

The writing I see is usually only topics that will effect me, I used to read all the articles going on the school website because I had to. Reading for fun, though, is not a very common thing I do. I'll read a few novels here and there, but they're mostly romance and usually books that are turning into movies. For example, I recently read "The Fault In Our Stars" in three days before I saw the movie when I returned home from Europe, and as usual, the book is much better than the movie. I think it's usually like that because books provide more detail and in depth events. When making them into movies, directors have to leave some things out because it simply just doesn't fit. Although, for me I preferred the Harry Potter movies over reading the books, but that's probably only because I love Daniel Radcliffe.

No comments:

Post a Comment