Sunday, July 27, 2014

Blog 5: Distribution, Circulation, Templates

My genres could be distributed using hashtags or tags, especially on my blog posts. Its easier to find what you're looking for with hashtags and tags, and blogs get a lot more views. I haven't had any hashtags or tags on my blogs, like the one I wrote for MA3 got 91 views within the four days I started posting, imagine if I did use hashtags. Say on twitter, if I made a post with a hashtag all users have to do is look up #smoking (example) and my tweet will pop up. I used one template for my genres and that was to write my obituary. I used a newspaper template and pasted my obituary on it. I really didn't like it very much because the usage was limited, and I couldn't figure out where the columns were so it was hard for me to continue my story to the other columns. Also, I couldn't move the picture to where I wanted and it wouldn't allow me to wrap the text around the picture. But I used the template to make my obituary different from everyone else's and to add a little flare to it instead of just sending in a word document. It enhances my agency as a composer because it makes me different from the rest, and I stand out more. The constraints would be not knowing how to use it but I'm sure with practice I would be able to.

No comments:

Post a Comment